Auburn Police Looking For Suspect Drilling Holes In Cars To Steal Gas
Don't Miss This
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
- Ancient Swamp Creature Named After Mick Jagger (KYMX)
- Woman Convicted In Torching Of Ex-Boyfriend’s Bed
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) – The Auburn Police Department is searching for a suspect who has been stealing gas from parked cars by drilling holes in the vehicles’ tanks.
Surveillance photos from the parking lot of the Amtrak train station on Blocker Drive show a man carrying a drill and a gas tank.
The two reported incidents police have to date occurred on Thursday and Saturday of last week.
For the incident on Thursday, the vehicle was parked there in the morning and around 6:25 p.m. when the vehicle owner returned, the vehicle had been vandalized and gas was taken.
For the incident reported on Saturday, the vehicle had been parked there Thursday at around 7 a.m. and when the victim returned to the vehicle on Saturday at around 10 am, the gas tank had been vandalized and gas was taken.
In both cases the gas tanks appeared to have been drilled in order to obtain the gas, police said. Replacing the gas tank is estimated at around $450.00 and up per vehicle.
Anyone with information about the thefts or the identity of the person in the photograph is asked to call the Auburn Police Department at (530) 823-4234.