Sleeping Central Valley Mother Suffocates Infant Son In Bed
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
WATERFORD, Stanislaus County (CBS/AP) — A sleeping Central Valley mother has apparently rolled over and killed her newborn boy asleep in the same bed.
Emergency responders were called to the Waterford home on Monday because the infant wasn’t breathing. Waterford is a city near Modesto in the San Joaquin Valley.
The infant was later pronounced dead at Oak Valley Hospital in Oakdale.
Deputy Royjindar Singh said there’s no sign of trauma or foul play. An autopsy was planned.
There were no details about the mother or how long she was asleep before realizing what had happened.