Sleeping Central Valley Mother Suffocates Infant Son In Bed
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
WATERFORD, Stanislaus County (CBS/AP) — A sleeping Central Valley mother has apparently rolled over and killed her newborn boy asleep in the same bed.
Emergency responders were called to the Waterford home on Monday because the infant wasn’t breathing. Waterford is a city near Modesto in the San Joaquin Valley.
The infant was later pronounced dead at Oak Valley Hospital in Oakdale.
Deputy Royjindar Singh said there’s no sign of trauma or foul play. An autopsy was planned.
There were no details about the mother or how long she was asleep before realizing what had happened.