Sleeping Central Valley Mother Suffocates Infant Son In Bed
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WATERFORD, Stanislaus County (CBS/AP) — A sleeping Central Valley mother has apparently rolled over and killed her newborn boy asleep in the same bed.
Emergency responders were called to the Waterford home on Monday because the infant wasn’t breathing. Waterford is a city near Modesto in the San Joaquin Valley.
The infant was later pronounced dead at Oak Valley Hospital in Oakdale.
Deputy Royjindar Singh said there’s no sign of trauma or foul play. An autopsy was planned.
There were no details about the mother or how long she was asleep before realizing what had happened.