Rio Linda Fire Burns 100 Acers, Spares Homes
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The massive smoke plume could be seen for miles.
“I mean, it was just going like a big old line,” said one resident.
The fire, ripping through Rio Linda, sent neighbors into action.
“We had several garden hoses out,” said resident Chad Cox.
Before the first firefighters arrived, Cox and his neighbors were battling the fire on their own.
“We were just trying with every second to keep the stuff wet and prevent our houses from burning up,” said Cox.
Arnie Chavez’s three children and wife watched as he faced a wall of flames.
How high were those flames?
“About 20 to 30 feet high,” said Chavez.
With neighbors standing guard at homes Sacramento Metro firefighters arrived to get the upper hand on the flames.
CHP shut down traffic along Elverta Road.
In the end, a full one-hundred acres burned, but no property was damaged.
“Flames started coming up, I freaked out,” said Cox.
Homeowners and firefighters were working together to put this one out, before it became the big one everyone is bracing for.