Rio Linda Fire Burns 100 Acers, Spares Homes
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The massive smoke plume could be seen for miles.
“I mean, it was just going like a big old line,” said one resident.
The fire, ripping through Rio Linda, sent neighbors into action.
“We had several garden hoses out,” said resident Chad Cox.
Before the first firefighters arrived, Cox and his neighbors were battling the fire on their own.
“We were just trying with every second to keep the stuff wet and prevent our houses from burning up,” said Cox.
Arnie Chavez’s three children and wife watched as he faced a wall of flames.
How high were those flames?
“About 20 to 30 feet high,” said Chavez.
With neighbors standing guard at homes Sacramento Metro firefighters arrived to get the upper hand on the flames.
CHP shut down traffic along Elverta Road.
In the end, a full one-hundred acres burned, but no property was damaged.
“Flames started coming up, I freaked out,” said Cox.
Homeowners and firefighters were working together to put this one out, before it became the big one everyone is bracing for.