UPDATE: Authorities Release Victim’s Identities Of Budget Truck Crash On I-80
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – Three people are dead after a horrific crash involving a moving truck on eastbound Interstate 80 in Davis Friday morning.
According to Chief Deputy Coroner Robert Labrash of the Yolo County Sheriff’s Department, the driver was 21-year-old Darius Austin Powe-Reed.
The two passengers in the vehicle were 20-year-old Zan Djavan Lockhart and 30-year-old Lavell Elmore.
The crash, first reported at 10:26 a.m. on Friday, happened in the eastbound lanes of I-80 at Richards Boulevard.
CHP says the driver of the Budget Rental truck attempted to change lanes into the path of another vehicle. The truck driver then over-corrected and lost control sending the truck off the freeway and slamming into a large tree.
Labrash said that Powe-Reed was wearing a seatbelt but the two passengers were not.
Three men inside the truck died in the accident.
The families have been notified and autopsies are scheduled for Monday.