UPDATE: Authorities Release Victim’s Identities Of Budget Truck Crash On I-80
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
DAVIS (CBS13) – Three people are dead after a horrific crash involving a moving truck on eastbound Interstate 80 in Davis Friday morning.
According to Chief Deputy Coroner Robert Labrash of the Yolo County Sheriff’s Department, the driver was 21-year-old Darius Austin Powe-Reed.
The two passengers in the vehicle were 20-year-old Zan Djavan Lockhart and 30-year-old Lavell Elmore.
The crash, first reported at 10:26 a.m. on Friday, happened in the eastbound lanes of I-80 at Richards Boulevard.
CHP says the driver of the Budget Rental truck attempted to change lanes into the path of another vehicle. The truck driver then over-corrected and lost control sending the truck off the freeway and slamming into a large tree.
Labrash said that Powe-Reed was wearing a seatbelt but the two passengers were not.
Three men inside the truck died in the accident.
The families have been notified and autopsies are scheduled for Monday.