UPDATE: Authorities Release Victim’s Identities Of Budget Truck Crash On I-80
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – Three people are dead after a horrific crash involving a moving truck on eastbound Interstate 80 in Davis Friday morning.
According to Chief Deputy Coroner Robert Labrash of the Yolo County Sheriff’s Department, the driver was 21-year-old Darius Austin Powe-Reed.
The two passengers in the vehicle were 20-year-old Zan Djavan Lockhart and 30-year-old Lavell Elmore.
The crash, first reported at 10:26 a.m. on Friday, happened in the eastbound lanes of I-80 at Richards Boulevard.
CHP says the driver of the Budget Rental truck attempted to change lanes into the path of another vehicle. The truck driver then over-corrected and lost control sending the truck off the freeway and slamming into a large tree.
Labrash said that Powe-Reed was wearing a seatbelt but the two passengers were not.
Three men inside the truck died in the accident.
The families have been notified and autopsies are scheduled for Monday.