UPDATE: Authorities Release Victim’s Identities Of Budget Truck Crash On I-80
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – Three people are dead after a horrific crash involving a moving truck on eastbound Interstate 80 in Davis Friday morning.
According to Chief Deputy Coroner Robert Labrash of the Yolo County Sheriff’s Department, the driver was 21-year-old Darius Austin Powe-Reed.
The two passengers in the vehicle were 20-year-old Zan Djavan Lockhart and 30-year-old Lavell Elmore.
The crash, first reported at 10:26 a.m. on Friday, happened in the eastbound lanes of I-80 at Richards Boulevard.
CHP says the driver of the Budget Rental truck attempted to change lanes into the path of another vehicle. The truck driver then over-corrected and lost control sending the truck off the freeway and slamming into a large tree.
Labrash said that Powe-Reed was wearing a seatbelt but the two passengers were not.
Three men inside the truck died in the accident.
The families have been notified and autopsies are scheduled for Monday.