Bakery Truck Demolished In Fire On Interstate 80
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A big rig carrying 3,000 pounds of bakery products has caught fire in Placer County and has shut down part of Interstate 80.
Only one lane of westbound I-80 is open near Canyon Way as crews work to clear the burned debris of the truck which caught for just after 4:00 Monday morning.
CHP says it appears the fire started in the brakes and spread to the entire rig. The driver was able to get out safely.
Right now, cars are being let through but big rigs are being held until the entire roadway is open. CHP estimates the accident will not be cleared until 11:30 a.m.