Bakery Truck Demolished In Fire On Interstate 80
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A big rig carrying 3,000 pounds of bakery products has caught fire in Placer County and has shut down part of Interstate 80.
Only one lane of westbound I-80 is open near Canyon Way as crews work to clear the burned debris of the truck which caught for just after 4:00 Monday morning.
CHP says it appears the fire started in the brakes and spread to the entire rig. The driver was able to get out safely.
Right now, cars are being let through but big rigs are being held until the entire roadway is open. CHP estimates the accident will not be cleared until 11:30 a.m.