Bakery Truck Demolished In Fire On Interstate 80
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A big rig carrying 3,000 pounds of bakery products has caught fire in Placer County and has shut down part of Interstate 80.
Only one lane of westbound I-80 is open near Canyon Way as crews work to clear the burned debris of the truck which caught for just after 4:00 Monday morning.
CHP says it appears the fire started in the brakes and spread to the entire rig. The driver was able to get out safely.
Right now, cars are being let through but big rigs are being held until the entire roadway is open. CHP estimates the accident will not be cleared until 11:30 a.m.