Bakery Truck Demolished In Fire On Interstate 80
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A big rig carrying 3,000 pounds of bakery products has caught fire in Placer County and has shut down part of Interstate 80.
Only one lane of westbound I-80 is open near Canyon Way as crews work to clear the burned debris of the truck which caught for just after 4:00 Monday morning.
CHP says it appears the fire started in the brakes and spread to the entire rig. The driver was able to get out safely.
Right now, cars are being let through but big rigs are being held until the entire roadway is open. CHP estimates the accident will not be cleared until 11:30 a.m.