Bakery Truck Demolished In Fire On Interstate 80
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A big rig carrying 3,000 pounds of bakery products has caught fire in Placer County and has shut down part of Interstate 80.
Only one lane of westbound I-80 is open near Canyon Way as crews work to clear the burned debris of the truck which caught for just after 4:00 Monday morning.
CHP says it appears the fire started in the brakes and spread to the entire rig. The driver was able to get out safely.
Right now, cars are being let through but big rigs are being held until the entire roadway is open. CHP estimates the accident will not be cleared until 11:30 a.m.