Dryer Likely Sparks Antelope House Fire
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
ANTELOPE (CBS13) – An Antelope family was left homeless Tuesday night after a fire tore through their two-story home.
The fire broke out about 7 o’clock in the 8500 block of Crystal Ridge Way near Watt and Elverta.
Witnesses tried to help after they heard a woman outside screaming that the dryer was on fire. She said she had been having electrical problems with the dryer earlier in the day.
A neighbor said a man tried to hose down the inside of the home but the fire escalated to an unsafe level.
“It started blowing up inside. I just told him, ‘Get out of the house. It’s not worth it. There’s nobody inside,'” Anatoliy Gontar said.
Sacramento Metro Fire responded and had the fire controlled quickly. A damage estimate wasn’t available.