Vallejo Police Shoot And Kill Man On Fourth Of July
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
VALLEJO (CBS13) – It was a deadly start to the 4th of July as Vallejo Police officers shot and killed man suspected of domestic violence early Wednesday morning.
Vallejo Police got a call about 2:55 a.m. Wednesday saying a man was hitting and possibly choking a woman at a resident on Buss Avenue.
As officers were responding, they got another call telling them the suspect had driven to a nearby Safeway Grocery Store and had a gun.
Officers spotted the man near the gas pumps at the Safeway. According to police, they could see the man’s handgun and say he appeared distraught.
When the man refused to put his hands on his head, police used a taser. Despite the taser, the man grabbed his gun and police fired on the man, police say.
The suspect, 44-year-old Marshall Tobin, died from his wound.
The officers involved in the shooting have been put on administrative leave while the shooting is being investigated.