Vallejo Police Shoot And Kill Man On Fourth Of July
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (CBS13) – It was a deadly start to the 4th of July as Vallejo Police officers shot and killed man suspected of domestic violence early Wednesday morning.
Vallejo Police got a call about 2:55 a.m. Wednesday saying a man was hitting and possibly choking a woman at a resident on Buss Avenue.
As officers were responding, they got another call telling them the suspect had driven to a nearby Safeway Grocery Store and had a gun.
Officers spotted the man near the gas pumps at the Safeway. According to police, they could see the man’s handgun and say he appeared distraught.
When the man refused to put his hands on his head, police used a taser. Despite the taser, the man grabbed his gun and police fired on the man, police say.
The suspect, 44-year-old Marshall Tobin, died from his wound.
The officers involved in the shooting have been put on administrative leave while the shooting is being investigated.