UPDATE: Missing Santa Clara Police Dog Found
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A police dog from the Santa Clara Police Department that went missing in Roseville after being spooked by fireworks has been found.
He went missing after he jumped the backyard fence of a home near Pleasant Grove Boulevard and Fiddyment Road at around 9 p.m. Wednesday.
Ivo was found Wednesday night and turned in to the Placer SPCA shelter on Thursday afternoon.
Ivo’s handler had let him out in the backyard of a home for a minute when a firework suddenly went off and spooked the animal.
Many dogs get startled by fireworks and run away around the 4th of July holiday period. Any time you’ve lost or found a pet in the Roseville area, please report it to the Placer SPCA. They’re the community’s clearinghouse for lost and found pets, to help reunite pets with their owners. To download a lost or found pet form, and for more tips to help you find a lost pet, visit their website at www.placerspca.org , or call them at (916)782-7722.