Woodland Girl Burned While Playing With Fireworks
Don't Miss This
- Tahoe Woman Attacked By Bear May Face Feeding Charges
- Almost 100 Buildings Uninhabitable After Quake
- Dating On Duty: Officers Accused Of Screening Dates Using Police System
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A 6-year-old girl in Woodland was burned Wednesday night while playing with fireworks, say police.
The child was in the 800 block of Harvard Bend playing with a sparkler when her clothes caught fire. The flames were put out, but not before the girl was burned. She was taken to the UCD Medical center for treatment of her injuries, which are non life-threatening.
Police say the sparkler the girl was playing with was legal, and say she was being supervised by her parents at the time.
Police are investigating the incident as an accident.