Woodland Girl Burned While Playing With Fireworks
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A 6-year-old girl in Woodland was burned Wednesday night while playing with fireworks, say police.
The child was in the 800 block of Harvard Bend playing with a sparkler when her clothes caught fire. The flames were put out, but not before the girl was burned. She was taken to the UCD Medical center for treatment of her injuries, which are non life-threatening.
Police say the sparkler the girl was playing with was legal, and say she was being supervised by her parents at the time.
Police are investigating the incident as an accident.