Woodland Girl Burned While Playing With Fireworks
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A 6-year-old girl in Woodland was burned Wednesday night while playing with fireworks, say police.
The child was in the 800 block of Harvard Bend playing with a sparkler when her clothes caught fire. The flames were put out, but not before the girl was burned. She was taken to the UCD Medical center for treatment of her injuries, which are non life-threatening.
Police say the sparkler the girl was playing with was legal, and say she was being supervised by her parents at the time.
Police are investigating the incident as an accident.