Woodland Girl Burned While Playing With Fireworks
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A 6-year-old girl in Woodland was burned Wednesday night while playing with fireworks, say police.
The child was in the 800 block of Harvard Bend playing with a sparkler when her clothes caught fire. The flames were put out, but not before the girl was burned. She was taken to the UCD Medical center for treatment of her injuries, which are non life-threatening.
Police say the sparkler the girl was playing with was legal, and say she was being supervised by her parents at the time.
Police are investigating the incident as an accident.