Island With Great Views Of San Francisco For Sale
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — An island offering a secluded beach, great fishing and stunning views of the San Francisco skyline is up for sale — and at a discounted price.
Realtor Steven Higbee says the owner of Red Rock Island has lowered the asking price for the 6-acre mass of rock tucked away in a northern part of San Francisco Bay to $5 million. The island was on the market earlier this year for $22 million.
Higbee says he advised the owner that the best way to move the property is by “whittling away at the price.”
He says the island contains manganese in its rocky outcroppings and that mineral rights for the property are negotiable.
There are no structures on Red Rock Island, which is accessible only by boat or helicopter. The island is about six miles north of San Francisco, just off the south side of the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)