Folsom Resident Fights Off Home Intruder Armed With Shotgun
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
FOLSOM (CBS13) – A Folsom man came home to an intruder in his bedroom early Monday morning, but he was able to disarm the suspect and held him at gunpoint while he called police, according to a department press release.
Officers responded to the 200 block of Dean Way as the shotgun-wielding intruder fled from the house and tried to flee in a vehicle.
The man told dispatchers he had arrived home and found a stranger in his bedroom armed with a shotgun. A struggle between the two men ensued during which time the shotgun fired three rounds.
Eventually the resident reportedly was able to disarm his assailant and hold him at gunpoint while calling the police. As officers arrived, the suspect grabbed the shotgun back and fled from the house.
Officers were arriving when they saw the suspect, later identified as Kevin Lloyd Olson, 21, of Folsom running from the house with the shotgun in his hand. Olson drove away with officers in pursuit and they cornered him less than a mile away. He was taken into custody without incident.
No one was injured from the shotgun rounds, which were fired into the ceiling and walls, but the two men suffered some minor injuries from their scuffle, police said.
Olson was booked into the Sacramento County Jail on charges of attempted murder, burglary and evading police.