Swastika Symbol Burned Into Table At Davis School
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
DAVIS (CBS13) – A swastika burned into a picnic table at a junior high school is the third symbol of hate to show up in Davis in less than a month.
A Holmes Junior High employee spotted it Monday morning and police were called at about 9:30 a.m. Someone took the time to burn it into a metal table, and investigators say it appears the culprit used hay or dry grass to speed up the process.
“Schools during the summertime tend to be a target for these types of vandalisms,” Davis Police Lt. Paul Doroshov said.
The swastika incident follows a noose hanging on the football goal post at Davis High and another swastika on a bike trail.
So far police don’t have any reason to believe the three incidents are connected but can’t rule anything out.
Still, residents are concerned about who is behind the potential acts of terror.
Community activist Jann Murray Garcia says this latest symbol of hate demonstrates the need for greater tolerance and understanding even in a town like Davis.
“It’s disturbing, disappointing,” she said. “I think someone is asking this community a question about who we are and what we stand for.”