Body Found In American River Near Watt Avenue Bridge
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The coroner has been called out to the American River where rescuers found a person floating in the water.
Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies, Sacramento Metro firefighters and park rangers began searching the American River north of the Watt Avenue bridge around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday after they received a call reporting a body had been found in the river.
After searching for a few minutes, crews found the body of a man and began CPR; however, the man did not survive and the coroner was called.
No other information was immediately available.