UPDATE: Suspects In July 4 Killing Of 3-Year-Old Turn Themselves In
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – All three suspects in the killing of a 3-year-old boy on the Fourth of July are now in custody, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
Deputy Jason Ramos confirmed that 20-year-old Gabriel Quintero, 17-year-old Eric Minjares and 16-year-old Marcus Weber all turned themselves in Tuesday night, the same day the boy they are accused of killing was laid to rest by his family.
Quintero was booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail, while Minjares and Weber were booked into Sacramento County juvenile hall. All three suspects were charged with murder.
The three have been wanted in the shooting of Jorge Azios III on Independence Day. Jorge was in a car with his father, Jorge Azios Jr., 22, at the intersection of Loucreta Drive and Palmer House Drive in south Sacramento when the suspects pulled up next to them in another vehicle and fired multiple gunshots into their car, killing the young victim.
Quintero is a validated gang member, the sheriff’s department said, but it’s unclear what prompted the attack on Azios and his young son.
Earlier Tuesday, a sheriff’s SWAT team responded to a house at 61st Street near Jansen Avenue on a tip that two of the suspects were hiding out there.