Car Hits, Kills Comic-Con Fan In San Diego Street
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SAN DIEGO (AP) — San Diego police say a Comic-Con fan who was hit by a car on her way to the convention center has died.
Lt. Andra Brown says the 53-year-old woman ran into the middle of Harbor Drive on Tuesday morning and tried to stop in her tracks but it was too late. The 67-year driver who hit her cooperated with investigators and will not be cited.
More than 100,000 pop-culture aficionados are expected to flood the San Diego Convention Center from Thursday to Sunday. Many fans have already arrived.
U-T San Diego reports that fans say the woman had been in line since Sunday for a Thursday panel on “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2.”
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.