Car Hits, Kills Comic-Con Fan In San Diego Street
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
SAN DIEGO (AP) — San Diego police say a Comic-Con fan who was hit by a car on her way to the convention center has died.
Lt. Andra Brown says the 53-year-old woman ran into the middle of Harbor Drive on Tuesday morning and tried to stop in her tracks but it was too late. The 67-year driver who hit her cooperated with investigators and will not be cited.
More than 100,000 pop-culture aficionados are expected to flood the San Diego Convention Center from Thursday to Sunday. Many fans have already arrived.
U-T San Diego reports that fans say the woman had been in line since Sunday for a Thursday panel on “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2.”
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.