Car Hits, Kills Comic-Con Fan In San Diego Street
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SAN DIEGO (AP) — San Diego police say a Comic-Con fan who was hit by a car on her way to the convention center has died.
Lt. Andra Brown says the 53-year-old woman ran into the middle of Harbor Drive on Tuesday morning and tried to stop in her tracks but it was too late. The 67-year driver who hit her cooperated with investigators and will not be cited.
More than 100,000 pop-culture aficionados are expected to flood the San Diego Convention Center from Thursday to Sunday. Many fans have already arrived.
U-T San Diego reports that fans say the woman had been in line since Sunday for a Thursday panel on “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2.”
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.