West Sacramento Women’s Auxiliary Needs Funds To Ship Food To Troops
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – After an explosion, the kitchen was destroyed leaving only MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) for the troops.
Now, the Women’s Auxiliary in West Sacramento is trying to send them some home cooking.
A few weeks ago there was an attack at the Forward Operating Base Salerno in Afghanistan. There were minor injuries to the troops, but the mess hall was a different story.
“They blew up the food, kitchen where they eat,” said one auxiliary member.
It’s not the sort of thing that makes national headlines. Lynda only found out about it from an email from her daughter. What bothered her is the troops are going to have to eat MREs until the mess hall can be rebuilt.
“Trust me, no one wants to eat these things three times a day,” said Lynda.
So they got together and managed to find the troops some simple food.
“Ramen noodles, spaghetti, meatballs, cookies,” said one member.
And some energy drinks.
All together they collected around 50 boxes of food, which is great. There is just one problem.
“So now we have a bunch of food to send to the troops but no money to send it,” said Lynda. “That’s a problem; big problem.”
Bryte Memorial Post 9498 is looking for a little help. They need $600 for shipping.
If you’d like to help, you can call the post at (916) 371-9126.