State Treasurer Seeks Divorce Amid Public Troubles
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — State Treasurer Bill Lockyer has filed for divorce from his wife, Nadia Lockyer, who resigned her seat on the Alameda County Board of Supervisors earlier this year.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that the 71-year-old Lockyer filed Friday in Alameda County Superior Court, citing irreconcilable differences. He is seeking joint custody of the couple’s 8-year-old son.
A spokesman for the treasurer, Tom Dresslar, did not immediately return a phone message.
Nadia Lockyer told the newspaper that the couple had agreed to divorce earlier, but the filing was precipitated by an argument last week.
The couple’s relationship troubles became public after the 41-year-old Nadia Lockyer claimed she was assaulted in a hotel by a former boyfriend whom she met in a drug and alcohol rehabilitation program.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.