State Treasurer Seeks Divorce Amid Public Troubles
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — State Treasurer Bill Lockyer has filed for divorce from his wife, Nadia Lockyer, who resigned her seat on the Alameda County Board of Supervisors earlier this year.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that the 71-year-old Lockyer filed Friday in Alameda County Superior Court, citing irreconcilable differences. He is seeking joint custody of the couple’s 8-year-old son.
A spokesman for the treasurer, Tom Dresslar, did not immediately return a phone message.
Nadia Lockyer told the newspaper that the couple had agreed to divorce earlier, but the filing was precipitated by an argument last week.
The couple’s relationship troubles became public after the 41-year-old Nadia Lockyer claimed she was assaulted in a hotel by a former boyfriend whom she met in a drug and alcohol rehabilitation program.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.