State Treasurer Seeks Divorce Amid Public Troubles
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — State Treasurer Bill Lockyer has filed for divorce from his wife, Nadia Lockyer, who resigned her seat on the Alameda County Board of Supervisors earlier this year.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that the 71-year-old Lockyer filed Friday in Alameda County Superior Court, citing irreconcilable differences. He is seeking joint custody of the couple’s 8-year-old son.
A spokesman for the treasurer, Tom Dresslar, did not immediately return a phone message.
Nadia Lockyer told the newspaper that the couple had agreed to divorce earlier, but the filing was precipitated by an argument last week.
The couple’s relationship troubles became public after the 41-year-old Nadia Lockyer claimed she was assaulted in a hotel by a former boyfriend whom she met in a drug and alcohol rehabilitation program.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.