Third Person Dies From Head-On Crash In Davis
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – A third person has died as a result of a crash last week involving a small bus carrying disabled passengers and a pickup truck near Davis.
Officials from Mercy San Juan say Laura Sue Weiderholt died Friday. She was a passenger on the bus. Another person on the bus and the driver the truck were also killed.
The accident occurred on County Road 102 and County Road 29 just north of Davis on Wednesday afternoon.
California Highway Patrol says the two vehicles collided head on after the Ford F-250 pickup truck drifted into the lane of the bus belonging to United Cerebral Palsy of greater Sacramento.
The first bus victim was identified Thursday as Sara Rae Johnson, an aide with UCP. The truck driver was identified as Jeff Rivas of Woodland.