Turlock Woman Arrested After Her 2-Year-Old Daughter Dies
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
TURLOCK (CBS13) – A 2-year-old child in Turlock was found dead and her mother was arrested on Monday afternoon and charged with homicide, police said.
Turlock police officers responded to the 1100 block of N. Denair to assist emergency medical personnel after receiving a 911 call from a neighbor of a non-responsive child.
When officers arrived at the residence, the 2-year-old girl was deceased.
The baby’s mother, Brandy Devine, 24, was later interviewed by investigators and was subsequently arrested for homicide, child endangerment and cruelty to a child, police said on Tuesday.
Police said three other children were in the house at the time, a 6-year-old girl, 4-year-old girl and an infant boy. They were taken into protective custody and turned over to Child Protective Services. Police didn’t elaborate on what might have caused the child’s death.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call Detective Justin Williamson at (209) 668-5550 extension 6631.