Turlock Woman Arrested After Her 2-Year-Old Daughter Dies
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
TURLOCK (CBS13) – A 2-year-old child in Turlock was found dead and her mother was arrested on Monday afternoon and charged with homicide, police said.
Turlock police officers responded to the 1100 block of N. Denair to assist emergency medical personnel after receiving a 911 call from a neighbor of a non-responsive child.
When officers arrived at the residence, the 2-year-old girl was deceased.
The baby’s mother, Brandy Devine, 24, was later interviewed by investigators and was subsequently arrested for homicide, child endangerment and cruelty to a child, police said on Tuesday.
Police said three other children were in the house at the time, a 6-year-old girl, 4-year-old girl and an infant boy. They were taken into protective custody and turned over to Child Protective Services. Police didn’t elaborate on what might have caused the child’s death.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call Detective Justin Williamson at (209) 668-5550 extension 6631.