Roseville Man Charged For Child Sexual Molestation Has Previous Record
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – CBS13 has learned Michael Nodine is no newcomer to child molestation charges.
Although he never shied away from cameras, promoting his kid-themed business, court documents show he was arrested more than a decade ago on a charge of lewd and lascivious acts with a child and unlawful sexual intercourse after having sex with a girl he met in an online chat room.
But, Nodine ended up pleading no contest to just the unlawful sex charge and was never required to register as a sex offender.
“It’s not uncommon for there not to be convictions. It’s also not uncommon for cases to be plea bargained down to a lower crime,” said Sheila Boxley, The Child Abuse Prevention Center.
Child advocate Boxley says plea deals are common in child sex crimes with unwilling witnesses and often a lack of hard evidence.
With no Megan’s Law tracking, Nodine had plenty of interaction with potentially hundreds of children.
Nodine appeared on Good Day Sacramento in 2008.
He and his wife operated the Reptile Den in Roseville that often hosted children’s parties and other events.
Nodine now lists himself as manager of his wife’s custom photography business, advertising photos of teens and babies.
It has got neighbors stunned.
“First of all, I’m totally dumbfounded, because I absolutely had no idea,” said one neighbor.
Nodine is being held in Placer County Jail and has a court date in August.
His bail is set at $1 million.