California Unemployment Rate Falls To 10.7 Percent
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California’s unemployment rate fell slightly in June to 10.7 percent, as the state added 38,300 jobs.
The Employment Development Department released the latest jobs figure on Friday. It marked a slight drop from May, when unemployment was at 10.8 percent.
State officials say trade, transportation and utilities posted the largest job increases since May.
The U.S. unemployment rate remained at 8.2 percent in June. California’s decline is a dramatic drop from a year ago, when unemployment in the state was 11.9 percent.
Nearly 1.8 million Californians remain unemployed.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)