Colorado Shooting Suspect’s California Family Cooperating
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SAN DIEGO. (AP) — The California family of the suspect in a mass shooting at a Colorado movie theater says their hearts go out to those involved.
Police in San Diego read a statement Friday morning from family members of 24-year-old James Holmes, who graduated from high school in the San Diego area.
The family asked the media to respect their privacy. They say they’re cooperating with authorities in San Diego and Aurora, Colo., and are trying to process everything.
San Diego police spokeswoman Andra Brown says there’s nothing to suggest the family had any involvement.
A spokeswoman for the University of Colorado School of Medicine in Denver says Holmes was a student there until last month but didn’t know why he withdrew.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.