Man Accidentally Shoots Self At Sonoma County Gun Range
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
NOVATO (AP) – The Sonoma County Sheriff’s Department says a 55-year-old man accidentally shot himself to death while removing a gun from the back of his pickup truck at a Sonoma range where he was skeet shooting.
The Santa Rosa Press Democrat reports that a worker at the Black Point Sports Club in Petaluma found Jay Sitton, of Novato, on the ground next to his truck with a wound in his chest Thursday afternoon.
Lt. Bret Sackett says deputies found the door open and a shotgun with its muzzle facing outward inside the vehicle.
Sackett says Sitton had been at the range for about two hours and was the only customer there when his body was discovered.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)