Man Accidentally Shoots Self At Sonoma County Gun Range
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
NOVATO (AP) – The Sonoma County Sheriff’s Department says a 55-year-old man accidentally shot himself to death while removing a gun from the back of his pickup truck at a Sonoma range where he was skeet shooting.
The Santa Rosa Press Democrat reports that a worker at the Black Point Sports Club in Petaluma found Jay Sitton, of Novato, on the ground next to his truck with a wound in his chest Thursday afternoon.
Lt. Bret Sackett says deputies found the door open and a shotgun with its muzzle facing outward inside the vehicle.
Sackett says Sitton had been at the range for about two hours and was the only customer there when his body was discovered.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)