‘Plain Jane Bandit’ Responsible For 6 Bank Heists
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
WILDOMAR, Calif. (AP) — The FBI is looking for a bank robber dubbed the “Plain Jane Bandit” who is responsible for six Southern California heists.
The latest robbery was Tuesday afternoon at a US Bank branch in the rural west Riverside County city of Wildomar, which is about 40 miles southeast of Los Angeles.
The FBI says also robbed Chase Bank and US Bank branches in Riverside County on Monday. Investigators say she’s also been tied to robberies at US Bank branches in Buena Park, Santa Fe Springs and Whittier.
The FBI says she has been given the “Plain Jane Bandit” moniker because of an earlier witness description. She’s 5-foot-3 to 5-foot-5 and weighs up to 170 pounds. She’s believed to be 35 to 40 years old.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.