Folsom Mans Pleads No Contest To Killing 2 In Laughing Gas DUI Case
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A 22-year-old Folsom man who killed two men in a crash earlier this year while high on laughing gas pleaded no contest on Thursday to vehicle manslaughter while intoxicated and felony driving under the influence.
Sharp was under the influence of nitrous oxide when he crossed a double yellow line and slammed his Ford Explorer head-on into a Saturn driven by Christopher Stephen Ohlander Martell, 37. Martell and his Robert Todd Ohlander, 32, both of Citrus Heights, died instantly.
Sharp reportedly purchased 50 canisters of “Whip-It” nitrous oxide at a Folsom smoke shop the night of the Jan. 7 crash on Folsom Boulevard.
He filled a balloon with one of the canisters and inhaled it prior to the crash, according to prosecutors.
Sharp is expected to be sentenced to more than nine years in prison when he returns to court Aug. 31.