Folsom Mans Pleads No Contest To Killing 2 In Laughing Gas DUI Case
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A 22-year-old Folsom man who killed two men in a crash earlier this year while high on laughing gas pleaded no contest on Thursday to vehicle manslaughter while intoxicated and felony driving under the influence.
Sharp was under the influence of nitrous oxide when he crossed a double yellow line and slammed his Ford Explorer head-on into a Saturn driven by Christopher Stephen Ohlander Martell, 37. Martell and his Robert Todd Ohlander, 32, both of Citrus Heights, died instantly.
Sharp reportedly purchased 50 canisters of “Whip-It” nitrous oxide at a Folsom smoke shop the night of the Jan. 7 crash on Folsom Boulevard.
He filled a balloon with one of the canisters and inhaled it prior to the crash, according to prosecutors.
Sharp is expected to be sentenced to more than nine years in prison when he returns to court Aug. 31.