Dead Dog Found In West Sacramento With Legs Bound, Mouth Tied Shut
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Yolo County Animals Services is investigating another extreme case of animal cruelty after a small dog was found dead with its legs bound and mouth tied shut.
Yolo County Animal Services responded to a call in West Sacramento on Thursday at 2 p.m. at 1720 Merkley Avenue near Westacre Road for a dog that appeared to have been tortured and then killed. A probation officer working with a yard maintenance crew found the small tan and white male Chihuahua mixed breed.
The dog, a stray with no known owner, identification or microchip, was transported to Animal Services and was examined by a veterinarian Thursday night, where it was determined the dog’s neck had been broken.
Thursday’s discovery follows an incident where a cat was set on fire at Circle Park in West Sacramento on May 2. The cat had to be euthanized because of the severity of its burns. A 17-year-old West Sacramento boy was later arrested in that case
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office, Animal Services Section at (530) 668-5287 or the West Sacramento Police Department at (916) 617-4900.