Arson Suspected In Series Of Overnight Fires In Grass Valley
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
GRASS VALLEY (CBS13) – Police and fire investigators in Grass Valley are searching for a possible arsonist who set three fires overnight and attempted to start a fourth.
Police and fire personnel were first called to a report of a fire at 404 S. Auburn Street just before midnight Sunday. They arrived to find the building fully engulfed in flames.
About an hour later, a second fire was reported at the former Tribal Weavers building at 114 Neal Street. Police units arrived first and were able to put out the fire which only caused minor damage.
Then a few minutes later at 12:50 Monday morning, a third fire was reported in a garbage can outside the Nevada County Library at 207 Mill Street. Crews were also able to douse those flames resulting in only minor damage.
As investigators were looking into the first fire and conducting a check of neighboring properties, they found that someone had tried to light a fire near the foundation of the building at 402 S. Auburn Street.
Both Grass Valley Police and Fire departments are investigating the series of suspicious fires. At this point, they do not have a suspect or suspects in connection with the fires.
They are asking anyone with information to please contact the Grass Valley Police Department at 530.477.4600 or the Grass Valley Fire Department at 530.274.4370.