Arson Suspected In Series Of Overnight Fires In Grass Valley
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
GRASS VALLEY (CBS13) – Police and fire investigators in Grass Valley are searching for a possible arsonist who set three fires overnight and attempted to start a fourth.
Police and fire personnel were first called to a report of a fire at 404 S. Auburn Street just before midnight Sunday. They arrived to find the building fully engulfed in flames.
About an hour later, a second fire was reported at the former Tribal Weavers building at 114 Neal Street. Police units arrived first and were able to put out the fire which only caused minor damage.
Then a few minutes later at 12:50 Monday morning, a third fire was reported in a garbage can outside the Nevada County Library at 207 Mill Street. Crews were also able to douse those flames resulting in only minor damage.
As investigators were looking into the first fire and conducting a check of neighboring properties, they found that someone had tried to light a fire near the foundation of the building at 402 S. Auburn Street.
Both Grass Valley Police and Fire departments are investigating the series of suspicious fires. At this point, they do not have a suspect or suspects in connection with the fires.
They are asking anyone with information to please contact the Grass Valley Police Department at 530.477.4600 or the Grass Valley Fire Department at 530.274.4370.