2 Arrested After Chase Ends In Crash At Busy Intersection
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two men have been arrested after leading CHP officers on a short pursuit that ended in a crash in Carmichael Tuesday morning.
According to the California Highway Patrol, officers attempted to pull over a silver Volkswagen that was missing license plates. However, the driver fled, leading officers on a high-speed chase that reached speeds of 80 mph.
The CHP eventually pulled back and stopped pursuing the car because there was so much traffic in the area.
A short time later, the driver crashed into an SUV at the intersection of Watt and Whitney avenues.
The driver of the Volkswagen got out of the car and took off on foot but was quickly caught.
“We’re still trying to figure out who the owner is. We don’t know if it’s stolen. We don’t know yet if the driver recently bought the car. That’s still under investigation,” said CHP officer Lori Harmon.
The driver of the SUV complained of pain and was taken to the hospital to be checked out.