2 Arrested After Chase Ends In Crash At Busy Intersection
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two men have been arrested after leading CHP officers on a short pursuit that ended in a crash in Carmichael Tuesday morning.
According to the California Highway Patrol, officers attempted to pull over a silver Volkswagen that was missing license plates. However, the driver fled, leading officers on a high-speed chase that reached speeds of 80 mph.
The CHP eventually pulled back and stopped pursuing the car because there was so much traffic in the area.
A short time later, the driver crashed into an SUV at the intersection of Watt and Whitney avenues.
The driver of the Volkswagen got out of the car and took off on foot but was quickly caught.
“We’re still trying to figure out who the owner is. We don’t know if it’s stolen. We don’t know yet if the driver recently bought the car. That’s still under investigation,” said CHP officer Lori Harmon.
The driver of the SUV complained of pain and was taken to the hospital to be checked out.