2 Arrested After Chase Ends In Crash At Busy Intersection
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two men have been arrested after leading CHP officers on a short pursuit that ended in a crash in Carmichael Tuesday morning.
According to the California Highway Patrol, officers attempted to pull over a silver Volkswagen that was missing license plates. However, the driver fled, leading officers on a high-speed chase that reached speeds of 80 mph.
The CHP eventually pulled back and stopped pursuing the car because there was so much traffic in the area.
A short time later, the driver crashed into an SUV at the intersection of Watt and Whitney avenues.
The driver of the Volkswagen got out of the car and took off on foot but was quickly caught.
“We’re still trying to figure out who the owner is. We don’t know if it’s stolen. We don’t know yet if the driver recently bought the car. That’s still under investigation,” said CHP officer Lori Harmon.
The driver of the SUV complained of pain and was taken to the hospital to be checked out.