2 Arrested After Chase Ends In Crash At Busy Intersection
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two men have been arrested after leading CHP officers on a short pursuit that ended in a crash in Carmichael Tuesday morning.
According to the California Highway Patrol, officers attempted to pull over a silver Volkswagen that was missing license plates. However, the driver fled, leading officers on a high-speed chase that reached speeds of 80 mph.
The CHP eventually pulled back and stopped pursuing the car because there was so much traffic in the area.
A short time later, the driver crashed into an SUV at the intersection of Watt and Whitney avenues.
The driver of the Volkswagen got out of the car and took off on foot but was quickly caught.
“We’re still trying to figure out who the owner is. We don’t know if it’s stolen. We don’t know yet if the driver recently bought the car. That’s still under investigation,” said CHP officer Lori Harmon.
The driver of the SUV complained of pain and was taken to the hospital to be checked out.