Football Standout At Rocklin’s Whitney High School Remembered
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
ROCKLIN (CBS13) – Family and friends are remembering a former Whitney High School student and football player who was killed in a motorcycle accident over the weekend.
Christian Daniels, 18, died Saturday night after crashing his motorcycle on Highway 193 near Newcastle.
Several hundred gathered at Whitney High School for a candlelight vigil to honor the standout athlete giving some comfort to Christian’s grieving family.
“The outpouring of the families here, how close we are. His teammates are his brothers. His classmates are his brothers. There is so many people that he touched that I don’t even know,” said Christian’s father Chris Daniels.
Christian’s friends have also created a Facebook page to remember him calling it “Christian Daniels Our Angel.” The page is filled with tributes and pictures of Christian taken throughout his life.
Daniels just graduated in June. He was head to Sacramento State in the fall.