Valley Crashes Cripple Morning Commute Into Bay Area
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Several crashes in the Valley have crippled the morning commute into the Bay Area.
The first crash happened on westbound Interstate 205 just east of Mountain House Road.
A big rig overturned blocking several lanes.
The rig was uprighted and towed away just after 6:00 a.m. but the damage was done. Traffic was backed up heading into the Bay Area for hours.
Later, two crashes on the Yolo Causeway brought westbound traffic on Interstate 80 to a near standstill.
The first crash is near Enterprise in West Sacramento and the other is near Chiles Road in Davis, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Traffic is backed up from the Yolo Causeway into downtown Sacramento and over the top of town near Reed Avenue.