Valley Crashes Cripple Morning Commute Into Bay Area
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Several crashes in the Valley have crippled the morning commute into the Bay Area.
The first crash happened on westbound Interstate 205 just east of Mountain House Road.
A big rig overturned blocking several lanes.
The rig was uprighted and towed away just after 6:00 a.m. but the damage was done. Traffic was backed up heading into the Bay Area for hours.
Later, two crashes on the Yolo Causeway brought westbound traffic on Interstate 80 to a near standstill.
The first crash is near Enterprise in West Sacramento and the other is near Chiles Road in Davis, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Traffic is backed up from the Yolo Causeway into downtown Sacramento and over the top of town near Reed Avenue.