Valley Crashes Cripple Morning Commute Into Bay Area
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Several crashes in the Valley have crippled the morning commute into the Bay Area.
The first crash happened on westbound Interstate 205 just east of Mountain House Road.
A big rig overturned blocking several lanes.
The rig was uprighted and towed away just after 6:00 a.m. but the damage was done. Traffic was backed up heading into the Bay Area for hours.
Later, two crashes on the Yolo Causeway brought westbound traffic on Interstate 80 to a near standstill.
The first crash is near Enterprise in West Sacramento and the other is near Chiles Road in Davis, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Traffic is backed up from the Yolo Causeway into downtown Sacramento and over the top of town near Reed Avenue.