Valley Crashes Cripple Morning Commute Into Bay Area
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Several crashes in the Valley have crippled the morning commute into the Bay Area.
The first crash happened on westbound Interstate 205 just east of Mountain House Road.
A big rig overturned blocking several lanes.
The rig was uprighted and towed away just after 6:00 a.m. but the damage was done. Traffic was backed up heading into the Bay Area for hours.
Later, two crashes on the Yolo Causeway brought westbound traffic on Interstate 80 to a near standstill.
The first crash is near Enterprise in West Sacramento and the other is near Chiles Road in Davis, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Traffic is backed up from the Yolo Causeway into downtown Sacramento and over the top of town near Reed Avenue.