Pregnant Modesto Woman Believed Missing Found Unharmed
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – A 21-year-old pregnant Modesto woman who went missing overnight has been located and is unharmed, say police
Liza Costello, who is nine months pregnant, left a note that her family found Monday morning stating she was going outside to meet her ex-boyfriend, 22-year-old Eric Charles Davis, who had come over to the house during the night. It also said Davis threatened to break the windows to the house unless she would come outside and talk to him. Costello mentioned in her note that if she was not back within five minutes, to call the police.
When Costello’s mother woke up at around 1 a.m. to check on Costello, she found the note and called the police.
At 4 a.m. Tuesday, Madera Police located Costello and Davis at a hotel room in Madera. Costello was interviewed alone with police and said she was there on her own free will and was not harmed.
Davis is believed to be the father of Costello’s baby and the two have had an ongoing relationship until recently. According to Costello’s family, Davis had been abusive to Costello in the past and recently Costello left Davis when they were living in the Fresno area and she moved to her mother’s home in Modesto with her two children, ages 1 and 3.
On Monday afternoon at about 1:30 p.m., Costello’s mother reportedly received a call from Costello saying she needed help before the call was abruptly ended.
Modesto police are continuing to investigate Costello’s disappearance.