Vacaville Teen Hit And Killed By Personal Watercraft In Hawaii
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
HONOLULU (AP) — Hawaii officials are investigating a personal watercraft crash at a Honolulu small boat harbor that left a 16-year-old California teen dead.
The medical examiner’s office says Kristen Fonseca of Vacaville, Calif., died Monday. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
Fonseca was rushed to the hospital in critical condition Sunday after the personal watercraft she was riding was hit from a behind by another personal watercraft.
State Department of Land and Natural Resources spokeswoman Deborah Ward says it appears a 20-year-old rider rear-ended the teen. The man was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
Both riders were on Aloha Jet Ski tours. The company couldn’t immediately be reached for comment Tuesday.
Ward says they were riding in an area of the Keehi Small Boat Harbor that’s authorized for personal watercraft.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.