Vacaville Teen Hit And Killed By Personal Watercraft In Hawaii
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
HONOLULU (AP) — Hawaii officials are investigating a personal watercraft crash at a Honolulu small boat harbor that left a 16-year-old California teen dead.
The medical examiner’s office says Kristen Fonseca of Vacaville, Calif., died Monday. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
Fonseca was rushed to the hospital in critical condition Sunday after the personal watercraft she was riding was hit from a behind by another personal watercraft.
State Department of Land and Natural Resources spokeswoman Deborah Ward says it appears a 20-year-old rider rear-ended the teen. The man was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
Both riders were on Aloha Jet Ski tours. The company couldn’t immediately be reached for comment Tuesday.
Ward says they were riding in an area of the Keehi Small Boat Harbor that’s authorized for personal watercraft.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.