Vacaville Teen Hit And Killed By Personal Watercraft In Hawaii
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
HONOLULU (AP) — Hawaii officials are investigating a personal watercraft crash at a Honolulu small boat harbor that left a 16-year-old California teen dead.
The medical examiner’s office says Kristen Fonseca of Vacaville, Calif., died Monday. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
Fonseca was rushed to the hospital in critical condition Sunday after the personal watercraft she was riding was hit from a behind by another personal watercraft.
State Department of Land and Natural Resources spokeswoman Deborah Ward says it appears a 20-year-old rider rear-ended the teen. The man was taken to the hospital in serious condition.
Both riders were on Aloha Jet Ski tours. The company couldn’t immediately be reached for comment Tuesday.
Ward says they were riding in an area of the Keehi Small Boat Harbor that’s authorized for personal watercraft.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.