Man Sentenced 311 Years To Life In Clearlake Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
CLEARLAKE (AP) — A man convicted in a shooting at a backyard barbecue in Clearlake that killed a 4-year-old boy and wounded five others has been sentenced to 311 years to life in prison.
Judge Doris Shockley called the shooting “callous” and “nonsensical,” as she issued the sentence against 24-year-old Orlando Lopez on Tuesday in a Lake County courtroom.
Lopez was convicted of first-degree murder and other charges in the June 2011 shooting in Clearlake. Authorities say he and 22-year-old Paul Braden fired shotguns from a neighbor’s yard at people attending the barbecue. Four-year-old Skyler Rapp died. Five adults, including the boy’s mother, were wounded.
The shooting was apparently the culmination of a feud between two families.
Braden was convicted of the same charges as Lopez. The Lake County Record-Bee reports (http://bit.ly/Mvfwk7) that he is scheduled to be sentenced Thursday.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)