Man Sentenced 311 Years To Life In Clearlake Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
CLEARLAKE (AP) — A man convicted in a shooting at a backyard barbecue in Clearlake that killed a 4-year-old boy and wounded five others has been sentenced to 311 years to life in prison.
Judge Doris Shockley called the shooting “callous” and “nonsensical,” as she issued the sentence against 24-year-old Orlando Lopez on Tuesday in a Lake County courtroom.
Lopez was convicted of first-degree murder and other charges in the June 2011 shooting in Clearlake. Authorities say he and 22-year-old Paul Braden fired shotguns from a neighbor’s yard at people attending the barbecue. Four-year-old Skyler Rapp died. Five adults, including the boy’s mother, were wounded.
The shooting was apparently the culmination of a feud between two families.
Braden was convicted of the same charges as Lopez. The Lake County Record-Bee reports (http://bit.ly/Mvfwk7) that he is scheduled to be sentenced Thursday.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)