Rio Vista Man Arrested For Allegedly Molesting Children At In-Home Daycare
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
RIO VISTA (CBS13) – The husband of a daycare owner is under arrest for allegedly molesting at least two children at the in-home daycare his wife operated.
Solano County sheriff’s deputies say the suspected crimes happened inside the Lots of Tots daycare on Tahoe Drive in Rio Vista.
“I don’t believe it,” said one neighbor. “He’s the best guy on the block.”
His long-time neighbor, now a suspected child molester, sits behind bars and accused of touching two children.
No one answered the door at Don Elliot’s Rio Vista home, but CBS13 cameras caught a woman, who didn’t want to identify herself, stopping by the home.
“I’m sorry, I can’t make any comment,” said the woman.
Solano County sheriff’s investigators arrested Elliott Wednesday after searching his home.
His wife ran the in-home child care facility for 12 years, and investigators wonder if there could be more victims out there.
“I don’t believe it,” said the neighbor.
Elliot’s neighbors describe a different man, someone who isn’t capable of harming children.
Now, it’ll be up to a court to decide if that’s true.
“As a character witness for him, no, no way,” said the neighbor. “He’s my next door neighbor, I know the man. I don’t believe it.”
Elliot is now at the Solano County Jail with his bail set at $230,000.