Rio Vista Man Arrested For Allegedly Molesting Children At In-Home Daycare
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
RIO VISTA (CBS13) – The husband of a daycare owner is under arrest for allegedly molesting at least two children at the in-home daycare his wife operated.
Solano County sheriff’s deputies say the suspected crimes happened inside the Lots of Tots daycare on Tahoe Drive in Rio Vista.
“I don’t believe it,” said one neighbor. “He’s the best guy on the block.”
His long-time neighbor, now a suspected child molester, sits behind bars and accused of touching two children.
No one answered the door at Don Elliot’s Rio Vista home, but CBS13 cameras caught a woman, who didn’t want to identify herself, stopping by the home.
“I’m sorry, I can’t make any comment,” said the woman.
Solano County sheriff’s investigators arrested Elliott Wednesday after searching his home.
His wife ran the in-home child care facility for 12 years, and investigators wonder if there could be more victims out there.
“I don’t believe it,” said the neighbor.
Elliot’s neighbors describe a different man, someone who isn’t capable of harming children.
Now, it’ll be up to a court to decide if that’s true.
“As a character witness for him, no, no way,” said the neighbor. “He’s my next door neighbor, I know the man. I don’t believe it.”
Elliot is now at the Solano County Jail with his bail set at $230,000.