Rio Vista Man Arrested For Allegedly Molesting Children At In-Home Daycare
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
RIO VISTA (CBS13) – The husband of a daycare owner is under arrest for allegedly molesting at least two children at the in-home daycare his wife operated.
Solano County sheriff’s deputies say the suspected crimes happened inside the Lots of Tots daycare on Tahoe Drive in Rio Vista.
“I don’t believe it,” said one neighbor. “He’s the best guy on the block.”
His long-time neighbor, now a suspected child molester, sits behind bars and accused of touching two children.
No one answered the door at Don Elliot’s Rio Vista home, but CBS13 cameras caught a woman, who didn’t want to identify herself, stopping by the home.
“I’m sorry, I can’t make any comment,” said the woman.
Solano County sheriff’s investigators arrested Elliott Wednesday after searching his home.
His wife ran the in-home child care facility for 12 years, and investigators wonder if there could be more victims out there.
“I don’t believe it,” said the neighbor.
Elliot’s neighbors describe a different man, someone who isn’t capable of harming children.
Now, it’ll be up to a court to decide if that’s true.
“As a character witness for him, no, no way,” said the neighbor. “He’s my next door neighbor, I know the man. I don’t believe it.”
Elliot is now at the Solano County Jail with his bail set at $230,000.