UPDATE: Highway 80 Traffic Delayed At Donner Summit After Big Rig Accident
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DONNER SUMMIT (CBS13) – A big rig accident at the Donner Summit stopped all eastbound traffic on Highway 80 for several hours on Thursday, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The accident happened at about 10:30 a.m. when two trailers ended up on their sides. Eastbound 80 was completely closed at Boreal Road for nearly five hours. As of 3:27 p.m., the left lane was still closed and traffic was moving slowing through the area in the right lane.
According to the CHP, an environmental health official from Nevada County was called out to check the contents of one of the trailers. It was reportedly carrying 5.5 gallons of nitrous oxide.
Motorists were being detoured to westbound 80, exiting at Soda Springs, then east on Donner Pass Road to the Donner Lake interchange and back to eastbound 80.
Trucks were not being allowed on that detour and were being turned around.