Family, Friends Mourn Dancer Killed In Downtown Shooting
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police still have no suspects in connection with a shooting in midtown Sacramento early Saturday morning that killed one man.
Thirty-two-year-old Joseph Long was shot and killed as he was walking two teenage dancers to their car following a swing dancing event.
Police say two groups got into an argument in a parking lot at J and 28th Streets and started shooting at each other. That’s when Long was hit by a stray bullet.
“I don’t feel anger against those people. I hope they are brought to justice and realize what they did, and take ownership,” said friend Stephanie Kline, a friend of Long.
Authorities are urging anyone with information to contact the Sacramento Police Department at (916) 264-5471 or Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357). You can also text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES), enter SACTIP followed by the tip information.
Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.