Family, Friends Mourn Dancer Killed In Downtown Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police still have no suspects in connection with a shooting in midtown Sacramento early Saturday morning that killed one man.
Thirty-two-year-old Joseph Long was shot and killed as he was walking two teenage dancers to their car following a swing dancing event.
Police say two groups got into an argument in a parking lot at J and 28th Streets and started shooting at each other. That’s when Long was hit by a stray bullet.
“I don’t feel anger against those people. I hope they are brought to justice and realize what they did, and take ownership,” said friend Stephanie Kline, a friend of Long.
Authorities are urging anyone with information to contact the Sacramento Police Department at (916) 264-5471 or Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357). You can also text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES), enter SACTIP followed by the tip information.
Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.