Midtown Residents Alarmed About Escalating Violence
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – People who live in midtown Sacramento where an innocent bystander was killed this weekend in a parking lot shootout are concerned about the escalating violence in their neighborhood.
Joe Long, 32 was escorting two teenage girls to their car after a swing dancing event when he was hit by a stray bullet.
Police have not made any arrests.
The neighborhood association says there have been several large fights in or near the parking lot off J and 28th Streets just in the last few months.
And according to Sacramento police statistics, five assaults have happened within blocks of there in the last 30 days.
“We need the City Council and police department to come in and find out the cause of this violence and how we prevent it in the future,” said Julie Murphy, the co-chair of the Marshall School Neighborhood Association.