Midtown Residents Alarmed About Escalating Violence
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – People who live in midtown Sacramento where an innocent bystander was killed this weekend in a parking lot shootout are concerned about the escalating violence in their neighborhood.
Joe Long, 32 was escorting two teenage girls to their car after a swing dancing event when he was hit by a stray bullet.
Police have not made any arrests.
The neighborhood association says there have been several large fights in or near the parking lot off J and 28th Streets just in the last few months.
And according to Sacramento police statistics, five assaults have happened within blocks of there in the last 30 days.
“We need the City Council and police department to come in and find out the cause of this violence and how we prevent it in the future,” said Julie Murphy, the co-chair of the Marshall School Neighborhood Association.