Family Mourns After Boy, 14, Found Shot To Death In Colusa
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
COLUSA (CBS13) – A 14-year-old boy was found shot to death on a Colusa street Thursday night.
Friends and family are overwhelmed with grief after the teen was gunned down on a residential street in the small town.
Family has identified him as 14-year-old Miguel Muniz.
“Whoever did this, I swear you’re going to pay for this,” his sister Alma Gallardo said on Friday. “He never caused any problems to anybody.
“He was 14, he was 14. He was still a kid.”
As mourners flocked to scene of the murder Friday, Colusa police have not disclosed much, only saying a passing officer happened to notice Muniz lying on the road in a residential area near 3rd street and Sioc streets late Thursday night.
Muniz was shot in the chest. He’d later die at a hospital.
Muniz’s sister is feeling the indescribable pain of loss and fury. Her kid brother is gone and a killer is on the loose.
“Stupid a** people that have no heart, they shot at him and left him there,” she said. “They couldn’t help him? Call me, call somebody to help him. They just left him there.”
A steady stream of friends and family were heartbroken Friday. Muniz’s own mother was among those gathered, devastated and no doubt wanting answers.
“We just want to know who did this,” Alma said. “And they’re going to pay for it, they’re going to pay for this.”
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call the Colusa Police Department at (530) 458-7777.