Woman Allegedly Surrounds Grandchildren With Drugs, Knives
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A grandmother is accused of putting her grandkids’ lives in danger as police say they were living in hazardous conditions surrounded by drugs and knives.
Martha Bagby’s criminal record dates back to 1983, including a DUI and drug-related charges.
Bagby, 64, won’t be tucking her grandchildren in to bed tonight after police say they found her 5-year-old granddaughter asleep in Bagby’s bed surrounded by knives and drugs.
People who live in the Meadowview neighborhood still can’t wrap their heads around why.
“I’m trying to picture knives all around her,” said one neighbor. “It’s very bad.”
Police say they came to Bagby’s home off Burlington Way to serve a search warrant for someone else.
However, when they arrived, they say they found Bagby’s granddaughter asleep, surrounded by large knives, plastic baggies with meth residue, meth pipes and open pill bottles on the bed around her.
Bagby’s 6-year-old grandson was also home.
Police say the kids weren’t hurt, but they are now under the care of Child Protective Services.
Meanwhile, her arrest has angered neighbors, especially ones who are grandparents themselves.
“She needs help spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and every way possible, and I hope she gets that. In fact, I’m going to start praying for her tonight, because that’s really bad,” a neighbor said.
Bagby is charged with child endangerment. She denied an interview request. Her bail was set at $50,000.