100-Year-Old Driver Hits Schoolchildren In Los Angeles
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say a 100-year-old man drove onto a sidewalk and hit 11 people, including nine children, across from an elementary school in South Los Angeles on Wednesday afternoon.
Los Angeles fire Capt. Jaime Moore says four of the children were in critical condition when firefighters arrived but they were stabilized and are now in serious condition at a hospital.
Moore says some of the victims were trapped under the powder blue Cadillac before witnesses helped pull them out.
Police identified the driver as 100-year-old Preston Carter. Investigators are interviewing him and say he is being cooperative.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)