100-Year-Old Driver Hits Schoolchildren In Los Angeles
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say a 100-year-old man drove onto a sidewalk and hit 11 people, including nine children, across from an elementary school in South Los Angeles on Wednesday afternoon.
Los Angeles fire Capt. Jaime Moore says four of the children were in critical condition when firefighters arrived but they were stabilized and are now in serious condition at a hospital.
Moore says some of the victims were trapped under the powder blue Cadillac before witnesses helped pull them out.
Police identified the driver as 100-year-old Preston Carter. Investigators are interviewing him and say he is being cooperative.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)