100-Year-Old Driver Hits Schoolchildren In Los Angeles
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say a 100-year-old man drove onto a sidewalk and hit 11 people, including nine children, across from an elementary school in South Los Angeles on Wednesday afternoon.
Los Angeles fire Capt. Jaime Moore says four of the children were in critical condition when firefighters arrived but they were stabilized and are now in serious condition at a hospital.
Moore says some of the victims were trapped under the powder blue Cadillac before witnesses helped pull them out.
Police identified the driver as 100-year-old Preston Carter. Investigators are interviewing him and say he is being cooperative.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)