100-Year-Old Driver Hits Schoolchildren In Los Angeles
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say a 100-year-old man drove onto a sidewalk and hit 11 people, including nine children, across from an elementary school in South Los Angeles on Wednesday afternoon.
Los Angeles fire Capt. Jaime Moore says four of the children were in critical condition when firefighters arrived but they were stabilized and are now in serious condition at a hospital.
Moore says some of the victims were trapped under the powder blue Cadillac before witnesses helped pull them out.
Police identified the driver as 100-year-old Preston Carter. Investigators are interviewing him and say he is being cooperative.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)