100-Year-Old Driver Hits Schoolchildren In Los Angeles
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say a 100-year-old man drove onto a sidewalk and hit 11 people, including nine children, across from an elementary school in South Los Angeles on Wednesday afternoon.
Los Angeles fire Capt. Jaime Moore says four of the children were in critical condition when firefighters arrived but they were stabilized and are now in serious condition at a hospital.
Moore says some of the victims were trapped under the powder blue Cadillac before witnesses helped pull them out.
Police identified the driver as 100-year-old Preston Carter. Investigators are interviewing him and say he is being cooperative.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)