205-Pound Baby Elephant Born At San Diego Zoo
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SAN DIEGO (AP) — A very large bundle of joy has arrived at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
The park says a 205-pound baby elephant was born Tuesday morning. The female calf was up and walking within minutes.
She’s the second calf born to an African elephant called Swazi and brings the number of elephants at the park to 13 elephants, including nine youngsters.
The family can be seen on the park’s elephant cam.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.