205-Pound Baby Elephant Born At San Diego Zoo
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SAN DIEGO (AP) — A very large bundle of joy has arrived at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
The park says a 205-pound baby elephant was born Tuesday morning. The female calf was up and walking within minutes.
She’s the second calf born to an African elephant called Swazi and brings the number of elephants at the park to 13 elephants, including nine youngsters.
The family can be seen on the park’s elephant cam.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.