205-Pound Baby Elephant Born At San Diego Zoo
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SAN DIEGO (AP) — A very large bundle of joy has arrived at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
The park says a 205-pound baby elephant was born Tuesday morning. The female calf was up and walking within minutes.
She’s the second calf born to an African elephant called Swazi and brings the number of elephants at the park to 13 elephants, including nine youngsters.
The family can be seen on the park’s elephant cam.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.