Fresno Police Officer Arrested On Suspicion Of Rape
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — A Fresno police officer has been arrested on suspicion of raping a woman while she was unconscious.
William Wyatt was arrested on Tuesday. The alleged victim used to be a police officer in Reedley.
Authorities say Wyatt drank with the woman at a northwest Fresno bar in August 2010 before assaulting her.
She allegedly told investigators she was too drunk to consent and did not remember having sex with Wyatt. Authorities say she learned she had been assaulted after nude photos of her surfaced on Wyatt’s computer.
The 34-year-old Wyatt has been on paid administrative leave since January.
Marshall Hodgkins, Wyatt’s attorney, says his client denies the charges. According to Hodgkins, Wyatt surrendered when the arrest warrant was issued and has since bailed out of jail.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.