Fresno Police Officer Arrested On Suspicion Of Rape
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — A Fresno police officer has been arrested on suspicion of raping a woman while she was unconscious.
William Wyatt was arrested on Tuesday. The alleged victim used to be a police officer in Reedley.
Authorities say Wyatt drank with the woman at a northwest Fresno bar in August 2010 before assaulting her.
She allegedly told investigators she was too drunk to consent and did not remember having sex with Wyatt. Authorities say she learned she had been assaulted after nude photos of her surfaced on Wyatt’s computer.
The 34-year-old Wyatt has been on paid administrative leave since January.
Marshall Hodgkins, Wyatt’s attorney, says his client denies the charges. According to Hodgkins, Wyatt surrendered when the arrest warrant was issued and has since bailed out of jail.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.