Fresno Police Officer Arrested On Suspicion Of Rape
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — A Fresno police officer has been arrested on suspicion of raping a woman while she was unconscious.
William Wyatt was arrested on Tuesday. The alleged victim used to be a police officer in Reedley.
Authorities say Wyatt drank with the woman at a northwest Fresno bar in August 2010 before assaulting her.
She allegedly told investigators she was too drunk to consent and did not remember having sex with Wyatt. Authorities say she learned she had been assaulted after nude photos of her surfaced on Wyatt’s computer.
The 34-year-old Wyatt has been on paid administrative leave since January.
Marshall Hodgkins, Wyatt’s attorney, says his client denies the charges. According to Hodgkins, Wyatt surrendered when the arrest warrant was issued and has since bailed out of jail.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.