Fresno Police Officer Arrested On Suspicion Of Rape
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — A Fresno police officer has been arrested on suspicion of raping a woman while she was unconscious.
William Wyatt was arrested on Tuesday. The alleged victim used to be a police officer in Reedley.
Authorities say Wyatt drank with the woman at a northwest Fresno bar in August 2010 before assaulting her.
She allegedly told investigators she was too drunk to consent and did not remember having sex with Wyatt. Authorities say she learned she had been assaulted after nude photos of her surfaced on Wyatt’s computer.
The 34-year-old Wyatt has been on paid administrative leave since January.
Marshall Hodgkins, Wyatt’s attorney, says his client denies the charges. According to Hodgkins, Wyatt surrendered when the arrest warrant was issued and has since bailed out of jail.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.