Colusa Teen Being Charged As Adult In Murder Case
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
COLUSA (CBS13) – The Colusa 16-year-old accused of shooting a 14-year-old to death is being charged as an adult.
Armando G. Leon was in Colusa County Superior Court on Thursday for his arraignment on suspicion of murder with malice in the death of 14-year-old Miguel Muniz. The Colusa County District Attorney’s Office has elected to try him as an adult, meaning he could be sentenced 15 years to life if convicted.
Muniz was found the night of Aug. 23 by a patrolling officer lying on a residential street in the small town, suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest.
Leon is scheduled to return to court on Sept. 5 with an attorney. He did not enter a plea on Thursday.
Leon and Muniz were believed to be members of rival gangs who got into a dispute earlier that evening.
Leon was arrested Wednesday after police interviewed witnesses and served search warrants at two Colusa residences. Leon was being interviewed at the sheriff’s office when he was arrested. He did not confess to the crime, police said.