Man Critically Hurt In Crash Of Stolen LAPD Car
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles police say a man who stole a police car lost a leg after smashing it into a light pole and a Starbucks cafe.
The 25-year-old is hospitalized Friday morning in critical condition.
Officer Tenesha Dobine says the car was stolen shortly before 4 a.m. as police were investigating a report of an assault with a deadly weapon and robbery in the southwest area of town.
She says a supervisor left the keys in the car and a man jumped in and took off on a joyride.
He sped north on La Brea Avenue for several minutes before crashing into the pole and building.
The patrol car was totaled.
Nobody else was hurt.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.