Third Victim Dies From Watt Avenue Head-On Crash
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It was a grisly crash that took the lives of two when it happened, now CHP confirms a third has died.
“I’m angry, but what can I do? What happened is what happened,” said Samuel Lee, a friend of the victims.
Lee, a friend of the fallen, spoke on the phone with CBS13.
He identified the dead as a married couple, Jang and Uni Na, he says Na’s sister and her husband were also in the car. And, it was Na’s sister who died at UC Davis Friday.
“They were very pleasant people, nice people. No troubles, working hard, and very loving couple,” said Lee.
Officers say, early Thursday morning the victims were travelling in a Toyota Corolla on South Watt Avenue when, suddenly, a black Mercedes crossed the center line and struck them at a high rate of speed head on.
Police say the driver of that Mercedes, Elk Grove real estate agent Raman Deep Gill, was drunk at the time.
He’s been charged with two counts of vehicular manslaughter, but that will likely now be three counts.
CBS13 has learned Gill was on probation after being charged last year for a DUI, but pleaded to a lesser charge.
Gill’s mother showed up to the scene Thursday and offered condolences.
For the victim’s friend, she hopes it’s a lesson for everyone.
“I think a lot of people need to be educated about what can happen, and it’s a tragedy for a lot of different people,” said Lee.
Gill is in Sacramento County Jail with bail set at $750,000.