Student Dies After Drinking At Fresno Frat House
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — A California State University, Fresno student has died after a night of drinking at an off-campus fraternity house, prompting university officials to suspend recognition of the fraternity.
University spokeswoman Shirley Armbruster said 18-year-old Philip Dhanens of Bakersfield died Sunday at a hospital.
Armbruster said the freshman student began pledging to join the Theta Chi fraternity last week.
She said police were investigating the circumstances that led to Dhanens’ death, and didn’t know whether hazing was involved.
A call to investigators was not immediately returned Sunday evening.
Dhanens suffered severe brain damage hours after her son attended a party at the fraternity house Friday night. Dhanens was taken off life support Sunday.
A message to the fraternity house was not immediately returned.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)