Student Dies After Drinking At Fresno Frat House
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — A California State University, Fresno student has died after a night of drinking at an off-campus fraternity house, prompting university officials to suspend recognition of the fraternity.
University spokeswoman Shirley Armbruster said 18-year-old Philip Dhanens of Bakersfield died Sunday at a hospital.
Armbruster said the freshman student began pledging to join the Theta Chi fraternity last week.
She said police were investigating the circumstances that led to Dhanens’ death, and didn’t know whether hazing was involved.
A call to investigators was not immediately returned Sunday evening.
Dhanens suffered severe brain damage hours after her son attended a party at the fraternity house Friday night. Dhanens was taken off life support Sunday.
A message to the fraternity house was not immediately returned.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)