Student Dies After Drinking At Fresno Frat House
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — A California State University, Fresno student has died after a night of drinking at an off-campus fraternity house, prompting university officials to suspend recognition of the fraternity.
University spokeswoman Shirley Armbruster said 18-year-old Philip Dhanens of Bakersfield died Sunday at a hospital.
Armbruster said the freshman student began pledging to join the Theta Chi fraternity last week.
She said police were investigating the circumstances that led to Dhanens’ death, and didn’t know whether hazing was involved.
A call to investigators was not immediately returned Sunday evening.
Dhanens suffered severe brain damage hours after her son attended a party at the fraternity house Friday night. Dhanens was taken off life support Sunday.
A message to the fraternity house was not immediately returned.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)