Student Dies After Drinking At Fresno Frat House
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — A California State University, Fresno student has died after a night of drinking at an off-campus fraternity house, prompting university officials to suspend recognition of the fraternity.
University spokeswoman Shirley Armbruster said 18-year-old Philip Dhanens of Bakersfield died Sunday at a hospital.
Armbruster said the freshman student began pledging to join the Theta Chi fraternity last week.
She said police were investigating the circumstances that led to Dhanens’ death, and didn’t know whether hazing was involved.
A call to investigators was not immediately returned Sunday evening.
Dhanens suffered severe brain damage hours after her son attended a party at the fraternity house Friday night. Dhanens was taken off life support Sunday.
A message to the fraternity house was not immediately returned.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)