Student Dies After Drinking At Fresno Frat House
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — A California State University, Fresno student has died after a night of drinking at an off-campus fraternity house, prompting university officials to suspend recognition of the fraternity.
University spokeswoman Shirley Armbruster said 18-year-old Philip Dhanens of Bakersfield died Sunday at a hospital.
Armbruster said the freshman student began pledging to join the Theta Chi fraternity last week.
She said police were investigating the circumstances that led to Dhanens’ death, and didn’t know whether hazing was involved.
A call to investigators was not immediately returned Sunday evening.
Dhanens suffered severe brain damage hours after her son attended a party at the fraternity house Friday night. Dhanens was taken off life support Sunday.
A message to the fraternity house was not immediately returned.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)