Burglar Targets Subway Restaurant In Citrus Heights
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A security guard was injured after fighting off a would-be burglar at a Subway restaurant in Citrus Heights on Monday.
Surveillance video from the restaurant on the 7800 block of Madison Avenue shows a man smashing the window. Once inside, the man opened the till, but there wasn’t anything inside. Police say the man then tried to open the safe, but couldn’t.
The burglar left the restaurant and got into a car waiting nearby just as a security guard arrived. A scuffle ensued between the guard and the burglar, and as the burglar was closing the car door, the guard put his knee in the way and was injured.
The owner of the business says nothing was taken.
The security guard has been hospitalized and may have broken bones.