College Student Dies After Fireworks Accident
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
LAKE ELSINORE (AP) — Authorities say a 20-year-old college student has died from an explosion as he helped prepare a fireworks show before the minor league game of a San Diego Padres farm team.
The Riverside County Coroner said in a Monday report that 20-year-old William Calabrese died at a hospital Sunday, two days after the explosion at the stadium called the Diamond, where the Lake Elsinore Storm were to play a few hours later.
A fire department statement says the fireworks created a vehicle fire and a small brush fire that left Calabrese with critical burns and two others with minor injuries.
U-T San Diego and KEYT-TV say Calabrese was a native of San Diego and a student at the University of California, Santa Barbara who was helping put on the fireworks show.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)