College Student Dies After Fireworks Accident
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
LAKE ELSINORE (AP) — Authorities say a 20-year-old college student has died from an explosion as he helped prepare a fireworks show before the minor league game of a San Diego Padres farm team.
The Riverside County Coroner said in a Monday report that 20-year-old William Calabrese died at a hospital Sunday, two days after the explosion at the stadium called the Diamond, where the Lake Elsinore Storm were to play a few hours later.
A fire department statement says the fireworks created a vehicle fire and a small brush fire that left Calabrese with critical burns and two others with minor injuries.
U-T San Diego and KEYT-TV say Calabrese was a native of San Diego and a student at the University of California, Santa Barbara who was helping put on the fireworks show.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)