UPDATE: Man Identified In Drowning Accident In Walnut Grove
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
WALNUT GROVE (CBS13) – Family and friends of a young man are in a state of sadness and shock after the man dove off a dock piling and never came back up.
The incident happened Sunday at Snodgrass Slough at the Walnut Grove Marina.
The sheriff’s department says the man, identified Monday as 21-year-old Joseph Corbett of Folsom, was enjoying the holiday weekend on his parent’s house boat when he decided to climb up a dock piling and jump off.
Emergency crews searched by boat and by air until a dive team finally pulled the Corbett from the water – his family was close by.
“He had done it successfully two times before, and decided to move up to a higher piling,” said Sacramento County Sheriff Marine Enforcement Deputy Marc Warren. “And when he did his flips he landed face first; I would estimate it was about 40 feet up.”
His family says he had done the same thing from a smaller piling with no problems.
The sheriff’s department says Corbett had not been drinking.