UPDATE: Man Identified In Drowning Accident In Walnut Grove
Don't Miss This
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
- Ancient Swamp Creature Named After Mick Jagger (KYMX)
- Woman Convicted In Torching Of Ex-Boyfriend’s Bed
Get Breaking News First
WALNUT GROVE (CBS13) – Family and friends of a young man are in a state of sadness and shock after the man dove off a dock piling and never came back up.
The incident happened Sunday at Snodgrass Slough at the Walnut Grove Marina.
The sheriff’s department says the man, identified Monday as 21-year-old Joseph Corbett of Folsom, was enjoying the holiday weekend on his parent’s house boat when he decided to climb up a dock piling and jump off.
Emergency crews searched by boat and by air until a dive team finally pulled the Corbett from the water – his family was close by.
“He had done it successfully two times before, and decided to move up to a higher piling,” said Sacramento County Sheriff Marine Enforcement Deputy Marc Warren. “And when he did his flips he landed face first; I would estimate it was about 40 feet up.”
His family says he had done the same thing from a smaller piling with no problems.
The sheriff’s department says Corbett had not been drinking.