UPDATE: Man Identified In Drowning Accident In Walnut Grove
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
WALNUT GROVE (CBS13) – Family and friends of a young man are in a state of sadness and shock after the man dove off a dock piling and never came back up.
The incident happened Sunday at Snodgrass Slough at the Walnut Grove Marina.
The sheriff’s department says the man, identified Monday as 21-year-old Joseph Corbett of Folsom, was enjoying the holiday weekend on his parent’s house boat when he decided to climb up a dock piling and jump off.
Emergency crews searched by boat and by air until a dive team finally pulled the Corbett from the water – his family was close by.
“He had done it successfully two times before, and decided to move up to a higher piling,” said Sacramento County Sheriff Marine Enforcement Deputy Marc Warren. “And when he did his flips he landed face first; I would estimate it was about 40 feet up.”
His family says he had done the same thing from a smaller piling with no problems.
The sheriff’s department says Corbett had not been drinking.