UPDATE: 2 kids recovered after boat chase in SF Bay
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (AP) — The Coast Guard says it has recovered two children believed to be abducted by their father from South San Francisco.
The guard spent most of the day Friday tracking a stolen sailboat believed to be carrying the man and the children.
Authorities say the sailboat named “Unleashed” was spotted off the San Mateo County coast three days after 43-year-old Christopher Maffei allegedly abducted his 3-year-old daughter, Brooklynn, and 2-year-old son, Devin, from their mother’s home.
Chief Petty Officer Mike Lutz says a Guard airplane followed the boat south to Monterey Bay.
South San Francisco police have said that after running off with the children, Maffei drove them to a harbor in Alameda and left on the 40-foot Unleashed.
Maffei is the former boyfriend of the children’s mother.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.