UPDATE: 2 kids recovered after boat chase in SF Bay
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (AP) — The Coast Guard says it has recovered two children believed to be abducted by their father from South San Francisco.
The guard spent most of the day Friday tracking a stolen sailboat believed to be carrying the man and the children.
Authorities say the sailboat named “Unleashed” was spotted off the San Mateo County coast three days after 43-year-old Christopher Maffei allegedly abducted his 3-year-old daughter, Brooklynn, and 2-year-old son, Devin, from their mother’s home.
Chief Petty Officer Mike Lutz says a Guard airplane followed the boat south to Monterey Bay.
South San Francisco police have said that after running off with the children, Maffei drove them to a harbor in Alameda and left on the 40-foot Unleashed.
Maffei is the former boyfriend of the children’s mother.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.