UPDATE: 2 kids recovered after boat chase in SF Bay
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (AP) — The Coast Guard says it has recovered two children believed to be abducted by their father from South San Francisco.
The guard spent most of the day Friday tracking a stolen sailboat believed to be carrying the man and the children.
Authorities say the sailboat named “Unleashed” was spotted off the San Mateo County coast three days after 43-year-old Christopher Maffei allegedly abducted his 3-year-old daughter, Brooklynn, and 2-year-old son, Devin, from their mother’s home.
Chief Petty Officer Mike Lutz says a Guard airplane followed the boat south to Monterey Bay.
South San Francisco police have said that after running off with the children, Maffei drove them to a harbor in Alameda and left on the 40-foot Unleashed.
Maffei is the former boyfriend of the children’s mother.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.