UPDATE: 2 kids recovered after boat chase in SF Bay
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (AP) — The Coast Guard says it has recovered two children believed to be abducted by their father from South San Francisco.
The guard spent most of the day Friday tracking a stolen sailboat believed to be carrying the man and the children.
Authorities say the sailboat named “Unleashed” was spotted off the San Mateo County coast three days after 43-year-old Christopher Maffei allegedly abducted his 3-year-old daughter, Brooklynn, and 2-year-old son, Devin, from their mother’s home.
Chief Petty Officer Mike Lutz says a Guard airplane followed the boat south to Monterey Bay.
South San Francisco police have said that after running off with the children, Maffei drove them to a harbor in Alameda and left on the 40-foot Unleashed.
Maffei is the former boyfriend of the children’s mother.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.